Friday, May 23, 2008

Simone de Beauvoir, look out

An emergent cultural critic from one of my classes this semester writes:

And women are the only ones performing these rituals for several reasons, some of which being that they are more emotional and sensitive, thus more qualified to received [sic] faster mercy and response from God.


What does he mean??? Women are NOT emotional and sensitive!!!! I'm SO pissed right now. In fact, I am so pissed I'm going to hunt this student down and shoot him in cold blood. And then God will forgive me because I'm a girl.

2 comments:

tara said...

thanks for the note about the dollhouse.
love the sweater project.

Anonymous said...

it'll be okay, deep breaths. SOME women are more emotional than SOME men is I'm sure what he/she meant.

you're hilarious!! Have a good time reading those papers. Have you ever been to Rate your students?? You should go.